Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you:
June 9, 2023
Your request must be received by your local voter registration office by 5:00 p.m
steps you need to follow
- STEP 1: CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION STATUS
- View your voter information to make sure it is correct.
- STEP 2: APPLY
- Online application
- Paper application
- STEP 3: RETURN YOUR BALLOT
- By mail or commercial delivery service
- By ballot drop-off box
- In person
First day of in-person early voting at your local registrar’s office:
Friday, May 5, 2023
Last day of in-person early voting at your local voter registration office:
Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
What You Need to Know:
- Any registered voters may vote early at any Fairfax County early voting location
- In-person early voting is available for the June 20, 2023, Primary Election from May 5 to June 17.
- If you received a ballot in the mail, you must bring it with you and surrender it to vote in person
- Dropboxes are available during satellite operating hours
Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration:
May 30, 2023
(Voters may register after this date, through Election Day, and vote using a provisional ballot).
- Online: May 30, 2023 online: 11:59 pm
- By mail: postmarked no later than May 30
- In person at an early voting location: May 5 – May 30. From May 31 – June 17, voters can complete a same-day registration, but must cast a provisional ballot.
- In person on June 20 election day. Must register at the polling location for the precinct in which you live and cast a provisional ballot. Find your precinct here.