Over the past few years, Chap has done a lot as a Senator:
- Led the successful fight in 2021 to reopen K-12 public schools for in-person instruction, thereby ending a year of “learning loss” for kids and lifting an enormous burden on all parents.
- Cast the deciding vote on key Democratic bills in 2020-2021, including historic advances in labor rights, voting rights, and criminal justice reform – then served as part of the “blue wall” that defeated Republican efforts to roll back those laws.
- Protected small businesses during the pandemic by sponsoring bills on targeted tax relief while successfully fighting to reopen state agencies like DMV for in-person service.
- Served for the past four years as Chairman of the Senate Natural Resources Committee, which has made historic progress in protecting Virginia’s environment.
- Defeated Republican attempts to limit reproductive rights.
He is proud of his record, which is unique in many ways. He brings a perspective as a father, husband, and small-business owner to his service as a Senator. He is not afraid to take on larger corporations or special interests.
Chap’s only boss is you.
He hopes to earn your support.